Monday 22 August 2011

Reiki Ramblings

As I have been building my new website Reiki Druid's Focus I have been re-writing pages and adding new pages. On my desk is a pile of books about Reiki, Druidry, Celtic Lore. which I have been dipping into for while each day. This has resulted in intensification  of my love of Reiki and a merging and blending with the Druidry and Celtic lore.

Usui Sensei
Reiki is central to my life and there is not a day that passes without me using Reiki or reflecting on its place in my life. However the rebuilding of my website has sparked a flood of ideas about Reiki and my practice. It is as if I have rekindled the excitement I felt about Reiki when I first began my Reiki Journey.

My curiosity about Reiki began with a chance meeting at a bus stop with a stranger, called Ann, who had just taken Reiki one. Later in that week I walked a different way into town and passing an imposing Georgian building, I noticed that it had been transformed into The Energy Centre offering holistic treatments, Chi Kung and meditation classes. I studied Chi Kung with Master Lam Kam Cheun in Lambeth.I thought a local class would be wonderful. So I went inside. I found in the opening week they were offering half price treatments. I decided to give Reiki ago - I was a bit disdainful about "new age" therapies but I booked an appointment and had a treatment. I found it amazing, it was relaxing but it was also if I was taking a huge step forward in my life.




I book more treatments and one day after a treatment I asked Julie about taking a Reiki 1 class. By coincidence the weekend before she had just taken a Reiki 111 class and could now teach Reiki. My question inspired her to overcome her self doubts and arrange a Reiki 1 class, co-lead by Ruth who had been a master for several years. I am so grateful to for that chance encounter with Ann and for the bus that did not turn up. I am grateful for seeing the advert outside the Energy Centre and Julie and Ruth my first Reiki Masters. Reiki has transformed my life. I am grateful to Usui Senei for to the gift of Reiki and for leading me to become a Reiki Teacher.

At the time I begun having Reiki Treatment I was working in an Exclusion Unit with challenge teenagers and even more challenging members of staff! By Friday I was mentally and emotionally exhausted and it took the whole weekend to recover and prepare for the next week. However, after starting Reiki I found I would recover after just practicing Chi Kung and then having a cup of tea. My week nights and weekends became more enjoyably and I was full of energy.

Usui Senei showed us not only a a way to clear ill health in the body he also gave us guidance on our spiritual path with the Reiki Principles. This simple steps built harmony and stability within me. I was taught to say the priciples twice a day, and take to my heart space the one I need most. I can remember stomping up the road to work chanting to myself,


"Just for today I will not be angry."


I did not have a a lot of outward anger, but I could be implusive and as the old saying goes cut off my nose to spite my face. I also used my wit as a weapon, never with children but sometimes with adults.  I had the clever quip which would divert anger a way from me. I imagine the receiver could have been very angry as they smiled. I was also quite defensive and could appear remote. Gradually bit by bit I changed. As the Buddha said,


Having anger for someone
is like picking up hot coals to throw at them.
Who gets burnt first?

I remember loud or strident noise would create a huge flash of anger in me especially if I was settling down to read, listen to music or meditate. But I learnt that if:


If my mind does not go out
to disturb the noise
The noise won't disturb me.


Ajahn Chan

Bringing gratitude into my life has brightened it. When a everyday dilemma seem about to overwhelm me, I see what I have to be grateful for maybe:

This cup og tea of tea in my two hands
mindfulness held perfectly
My mind and and body dwell
In the very here and now.

Thich Nhat Hanh in his wisdom shows me how to recuperate myself and that by being mindful


Just for today I will not worry


I respect and I am grateful for all my teachers and elders.


Thank you Usui Senei and all those in my Reiki Lineage.


More Ramblings about Reiki Shortly. Now I am gong out rambling with Pops, my dog.


With Reiki Blessings
Merry Rambler





   



.









1 comment:

  1. Hi i am kavin, its my first occasion to commenting anywhere, when i read this article i thought i could also make comment due
    to this sensible post.

    My site :: london reiki healer - -

    ReplyDelete